Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Gift of a friend







I want to tell you about my two friends Sonal and Priyanka. They both took care of me while I was having chicken pox and got confined to a single room for a week. Both of them have two kids. But still they kept calling me and asked about my health. They even send food to me everyday for a week. I remember crying at night with pain in my head, mouth and all over body. I wanted my mother to be with me. But because of her health, she was not able to travel. Out of my pain, I asked my mother, "how much my condition should worsen for you to come here?" (Well, I now regret saying that)

While my hubby took care of the needs of kids, my friends took care of our food. This is something that I want to count as an example of the story I heard from my father, that on the most difficult times in our life, when we feel lonely and helpless, it is when God actually carries us.

Both of my friends helped me during our house shifting too. Sonal has a 5 month old baby. But still she cooked for my family. When I told her that I don't have a big heart like you and I am not sure whether I will do something like this, her reply was, "We will do anything for someone we love"!!!! I felt very touched by her words. I thank God for the gift of their friendship!

4 comments:

lAl said...

"We will do anything for someone we love"!!!!

Jovy Thomas said...

Hmm.. Yes, that's true.

Richard Push said...

Gifted friends... :)

Jovy Thomas said...

:) Thank u Richard.....