The following article was written in my diary on 16/01/2006.
Just now I was watching the film 'Bible'. The scene was Abhraham's sacrifice of his son. Seeing the picturization of his worries and tension on killing his only son, I got upset.
In my mind, I asked God, "Lord, you are full of love, then how can you ask this to Abraham?See all the tension he had to bear in such a situation. How can you behold his worries?
Suddenly these words rushed into my mind. I continued writing."Child, I know Abraham had worries. But look, I stopped him from doing that and he got his son back without any harm.
But have you ever thought about the situation which I had to bear? I also have only one son. He is my beloved one. But I had to give him as a sacrifice. Will you ever know how much I worried because of that? My child asked me if you could, please save me from this. But I was helpless. I had to give him to human hands because of your sins and because of my abundant love towards you! Now you say, who had more worries?
I saw my child being beaten up. I saw sharp thorns being pierced to his head.I saw him bleeding all over. I found him falling down many times. I saw tears in his eyes. I saw his delicate arms & legs being pierced with sharp nails. My child, tell me who will understand how much I was paining, on seeing all these!!! Who will behold my broken heart?"
Oh my Lord! I was totally shocked about what I was writing!!! Writing something from God's point of view!! My pen drooped down from my hands!!! Stayed like that for sometime and grabbed the pen. Never never ever in my life I compared Abhraham's situation and God's situation. I believe God really wanted me to undertand the difference!!!
I read those words again. It is so pathetic. Being witness to the only son's torture and death.Of course the pain is unimaginable!! Tears started rushing down from my eyes and I cried like a kid.
Dear God, with one word you could have saved your son. Instead you gave him as a sacrifice simply because of your love to human kind. You wanted a love similar to father - children relationship rather than a creator - creations relationship!! So whenever we feel that God is playing games with human lives, we have to remember that God allowed His son's life to cease on earth because of His love for us and so He will not do that.
1 comment:
"My child asked me if you could, please save me from this. But I was helpless." This line brought tears Jovy. very well put
Post a Comment